CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2001187
Project Portfolio Manager
Job Posting: 22/May/2020
Closure Date: 12/Jun/2020, 4:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: CIO
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
Duration: Up to 11 months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Information Technology Division (CIO) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CIO performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer
the consultant will act as Project Portfolio Manager within the IT Division performing the following functions.
The incumbent will manage the portfolio of IT projects within the IT division, provides project management support and, where needed, coordinates with project managers of the IT division and with business units.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Provide strategic guidance to management on the Project Portfolio, advising on performance, risks and concerns with the overall Portfolio.
- Manage the IT Project Portfolios (groups of projects or programs) by creating visibility on project plans, status, dependencies, risks, and issues.
- Align programs, projects and operations to strategic objectives.
- Measure, rank and prioritize programs and projects.
- Ensure compliance with the defined project management methodology and standards, effective management of scope-time-resource triple constraint, quality delivery of expected outcomes and outputs, and active engagement with stakeholders.
- Manage the implementation and operations of a project management discipline or culture across business and projects by promoting a standard project management methodology, establishing governance mechanisms, encouraging the use of templates, establishing a project management platform for sharing and collaboration, providing guidance on executing projects, and enforcing tracking and reporting of progress.
- Perform change management and mapping of customer experience journeys in projects, products, and services.
- Work closely with Project managers to define their change management approach, identify and plan for impact on business operating model, and design their training approach and continuous user adoption.
- Manage actively and track critical paths and milestones across projects. Ensure timely, relevant, and sufficient reporting to senior management in order to make informed decisions.
- Measure the performance of the delivery of all IT projects and initiatives portfolio.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) or metrics, mechanisms to measure, and processes for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the management of the IT project portfolio, work closely with business units in their investment proposals, and assist the CIO management in driving governance over investments and projects.
- Manage Project implementation when needed (Project management)..
- Perform any other duties, as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering, Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- For Consultants: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the following, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
For PSA: Working knowledge of English.
- Project Management Certification such PMI, PMP, Prince 2, & Agile SCRUM or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of working experience in IT project management.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus.
- Building Effective Relationships.
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Seven years of relevant experience in the areas of Portfolio project management, Project management, planning, organizing, and resourcing.
- Proven skills in the areas of Project Management, planning, organizing, budget, and finance with a careful attention to detail to continuously monitor progress actions and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with peers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English, concisely in writing and verbally.
- Ability to take instructions from management and ensure follow up.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise reports in English and to communicate complex technical information to non-technical colleagues in a simple manner.
- Proven experience in working in the area of Project Portfolio Management and in Project Management Office or managing large scale and complex projects.
- Extent and relevance of experience in roles related to Project Management and Business Analysis.
- Extent and relevance of experience of building relationships with business units.
- Experience in developing complex business cases, benefit/cost analysis, project briefs and requirements documentation related to ICT solutions.
- Certification on ITIL
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
If you are in possession of language certificate/s from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate/s when submitting the application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
ESPRIMO Srl, società di consulenza informatica che opera dal 2002 su tutto il territorio nazionale ed internazionale, a supporto delle imprese, si colloca nel settore dell'Information Technology prop [...]
ESPRIMO Srl, societa di consulenza informatica che opera dal 2002 su tutto il territorio nazionale ed internazionale, a supporto delle imprese, si colloca nel settore dell'Information Technology propo [...]
00153 Roma Trasys International offers IT Consulting jobs at the European Institutions and International Organizations. For our customer based in Roma, an International Organization, we are looking [...]
ESPRIMO Srl, società di consulenza informatica che opera dal 2002 su tutto il territorio nazionale ed internazionale, a supporto delle imprese, si colloca nel settore dell’Information Technology pr [...]