What will you do at Ciena
Ciena is in search of a talented, self-motivated Contracts Negotiator to join Ciena’s North American legal team. You will be part of a high-performing, customer-focused group of legal professionals working collaboratively in a fast paced, growing business with particular focus on large network service providers. The primary job responsibility is to provide negotiation and transactional support to our customers in Ciena’s North American region. The North American legal team works in close collaboration with the Sales Team, Commercial Management Team, Finance and Operations to ensure best in class, seamless support to our customers.
review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, ranging from complex technology agreements, various forms of software licenses, hardware, support and maintenance, professional services contracts, and non-disclosure agreements. You will advise on liabilities, legal restrictions and risks associated with such agreements.
- Manage internal communications, facilitate escalations and approvals, address queries with our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate and partner effectively with the business, sales account teams, finance and commercial management, including providing advice and counsel to executives and sales professionals on legal, financial and commercial issues related to a broad range of commercial transactions.
- Team with in-house attorneys in support of large complex transactions.
- Actively contribute to knowledge management initiatives, such as playbooks, contract templates, negotiation positioning, training and lessons learned.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives in the negotiation & contracting area, helping to improve contracting efficiencies, processes and agreements that scale globally.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within Ciena on compliance matters.
- Review contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policies, including revenue recognition issues.
- Participate in special projects within the legal department as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency and standardization.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) (law degree is preferred).
- At least six (6) years' experience in reviewing, drafting, managing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, with a strong emphasis on software licensing agreements, hardware agreements and professional services/project implementation agreements (including negotiating from the customer’s form agreement, if approved). Solid understanding of legal concepts and contractual terms with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Experience in negotiating contracts with government customers will be considered a plus.
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a non-confrontational win-win basis.
- Strong customer service skill set.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Must possess excellent judgment and be able to work independently and juggle multiple priorities, in a fast paced high-growth environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
Ciena is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our customers create the Adaptive Network™ in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness, and scale. From our founding, Ciena has been a pioneer in the networking industry. Coupled with innovation, our growth and success have been built on our ability to partner with customers—delivering the next-generation solutions they require to build and evolve their networks. These network requirements are driven by changing and often, unpredictable end-user expectations.
Ciena supports 85 percent of the world’s top 20 service providers as well as cloud and regional service providers, enterprise networks, financial services, healthcare, utilities, media and entertainment, retail, public sector, and all levels of education. Our customers want more capacity, more content, and more flexibility, while also demanding less overhead, less complication, and less cost. Our customers and their networks must transform. Ciena is the best partner to guide them through this transformation to build a more intelligent network We do this by adapting and connecting hardware, services, and software in an open environment to ensure networks are securely ‘fit for flexibility’ today and into the future.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
per preparazione e rifilatura nastri, uso di cutter e presse. Si richiede disponibilità per eventuali trasferte nel territorio e regioni limitrofe e patentino muletto e piattaforme aeree. Sede lavoro [...]
Per storica azienda produttiva operante nel settore chimico industriale, in costante crescita nei propri mercati di riferimento, selezioniamo un/una Sales Account Triveneto. Il professionista ricerca [...]
Per potenziamento organico, cerchiamo un operatore back office con esperienza, preferibilmente in campo telecomunicazioni: Requisiti: - capacità organizzative per rispondere al meglio alle attivi [...]
Progetto Now Società Cooperativa Sociale ricerca personale educativo per le SOSTITUZIONI (ferie, malattie e permessi) del proprio personale nelle strutture per la prima infanzia (0-3 anni) di Padova [...]