SAS Institute Inc
Director, Risk & Finance Advisory – Insurance
Are you a strategic thinker with extensive experience in the insurance sector? Do the acronyms IFRS 17 and LDTI excite you?
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Our goal is to find a candidate with the perfect blend of market knowledge and proven leadership in the execution of global initiatives.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. The global Risk Finance and Advisory (RFA)
group within the SAS Risk Research and Quantitative Solutions (RQS) organization is dedicated to developing world class solutions and provide consulting services to address business and regulatory needs of customers. The main areas of interests are Risk Management, Accounting and Actuarial Modeling mainly in Financial Services.
What you’ll do:
The Director of Insurance Risk and Finance Advisory role has several facets; however, the primary focus will be leading the Insurance Initiative for the company. Interacting with the RFA management and the RQS Leadership Team, you will individuate market trends, identify with R&D; how to properly address new industry needs, define business plans and provide leadership, direction and oversight to a set of global resources with domain and solution expertise to insurance related Risk & Finance sales opportunities across the global market.
In particular you will:
- Identify Industry trends and propose to Leadership the strategy for the insurance initiative.
- Establish relationships with all the relevant stake holders in the industry including Supervisors, Advisory Board Market leaders and Management Consultant companies.
- Interact with R&D; to identify and plan how to address current and future industry needs.
- Manage a Global team of experts that are already in charge of leading specific business solutions, coaching regional teams and directing industry sales.
- Oversee the development of sales strategy with the Global team of experts and the Regional Teams for the Insurance initiative, identifying customer business pains, establishing value propositions, and articulating solutions with C-level customer representatives.
- Direct team’s participation in publishing industry articles and white papers, speaking engagements.
- Manage the identification of resources required to close business effectively and control associated costs.
- Assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee team’s interactions with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to customers and/or business partners.
- Serve as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams in all aspects of industry territory management.
- Participate with senior level management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans related to the selected verticals.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will have a background in insurance/reinsurance, with knowledge of the financial industry’s regulations and best practices in the Actuarial, Risk Management and Accounting areas.
The key success factors of an ideal candidate are:
- Leadership in driving business initiatives in cooperation with other teams
- Strategic thinking and understanding of the current and future industry trends
- Teamwork mindset across functions and regions
Main topics of interest:
- Actuarial knowledge in valuation, pricing and reserving
- Capital calculations, Solvency II and ORSA
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) including LDTI and IFRS17
- ALM and Economic Capital Models
- Budgeting and Planning
The successful candidate should also have:
- The ability to manage P&L;
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic business plans
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams
- Ability to grow a business
- Ability to travel as business needs require (travel could be up to 50%)
- Understanding of the IT processes supporting the business needs
- Willingness and ability to learn how SAS Solutions address the business topic and can evolve to support new strategic topics
- We are investing heavily to transform and innovate the insurance Industry. We have already a strong footprint in each region globally, thanks to the Solvency 2 and IFRS 17 initiatives.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Director Data & Privacy, Risk Advisory - JN -102020-17193 This is an interesting opportunity to join one of a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advi [...]
Who We Are: Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management plat [...]
Who We Are: Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platfo [...]
Director - Cybersecurity Government and Public Services – JN -102020-17027 This in an interesting opportunity to join one of our clients, who offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk A [...]