In the framework of the Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment (OCB), the GIAHS programme aims at identifying, recognizing and safeguarding traditional agricultural systems with rich agrobiodiversity, traditional knowledge and remarkable landscapes, which has been transmitted through many generations thanks to the social organizations, culture and common values developed around specific agro-ecosystems. The GIAHS Programme is mainly implemented by two bodies: the GIAHS Secretariat – which works under the direct supervision of the OCB Director, and the Scientific Advisory Group, responsible for technical guidance and approval of new GIAHS sites.
The GIAHS Secretariat is the operational body of the Programme and its role consists in providing technical guidance to FAO member countries for the submission of GIAHS proposals and for the implementation of follow up activities. Furthermore, it has the function of liaising with governments and national/international organizations for the establishment of new partnerships, which may be necessary for the future development and geographic expansion of the programme.
The GIAHS Consultants will work under the overall supervision of the OCB Director and under the direct supervision of the GIAHS Coordinator.
Support the overall GIAHS programme operation as Secretariat; provide technical guidance for the national GIAHS activities in member countries; provide guidance on relevant technical issues, such as promotion of action plan implementation in GIAHS sites, agronomic and environmental matters, compliance of country proposals with the GIAHS requirements, liaison and multilateral relations, support Scientific Advisory group meetings, among others.
Tasks And Responsibilities
The GIAHS Programme Specialist will support the GIAHS Coordinator and will:
- Provide technical support to member countries for the development of GIAHS proposals and GIAHS-related
activities, including implementation of action plans, GIAHS-oriented policies, and community-based activities;
- Develop technical documents on GIAHS and its contribution to FAO activities, strategic framework, regional
initiatives and country Programming frameworks;
- Assist in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Organize and deliver training programmes in FAO member countries;
- Providing comments and suggestions for revision of country proposals and national programmes to be implemented
under the framework of the GIAHS designation process;
- Coordinate the implementation of the field activities;
- Liaise with the donors and with GIAHS targeted countries;
- Conduct country missions and represent the GIAHS Secretariat in specific national or regional activities
(workshops, seminars, trainings, conferences, project inception workshops, etc.);
- Organizing and facilitating the Scientific Advisory Group meetings, producing technical papers to be discussed,
writing meeting reports;
- Write technical documents on GIAHS and its contribution to the other FAO technical activities and Strategic
Framework and areas of work, including Regional Initiatives and Country Programming Frameworks.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree, in agriculture, biology, political sciences, agro-ecology, international relations, rural development or
related fields, as appropriate;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience (for C category), minimum 5 years of relevant experience (for B category) in
international organizations, rural development programmes, agricultural analysis, programme formulation and implementation,
agricultural analysis, liaison and outreach activities, building effective partnerships.
- Working knowledge of English, French, Spanish and limited knowledge of one of Arabic, Russian, Chinese
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Include a reference on GIAHS contribution to the development of the overall FAO strategic objectives (if appropriate).
- Knowledge on the FAO mandates, Strategic Programs, FAO Climate Change strategy and other strategies, SDGs and the Rio conventions is expected.
Call For Expressions Of Interest - Vacancy Announcement
12/Nov/2020, 7:59:00 PM
Type of Requisition
Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Assignments up to 11 months
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations d epending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Show moreShow less
Mostra le tue capacità professionali all'azienda, compila il form e lascia un tocco personale nella lettera di presentazione, aiuterà il recruiter nella scelta del candidato.
Cerco socio per attività commerciale centro estetico via Tuscolana [...]
Agenzia di moda & pubblicità, con sede al centro di Roma ricerca ragazze per attività di hair e beauty model (attività a chiamata-retribuite) requisiti richiesti: - ragazze di bella presenza [...]
Jnet srl, società in forte espansione nellâ€™area della consulenza informatica e nella realizzazione di importanti progetti ad alto contenuto tecnologico, ricerca per cliente in ambito pubblica [...]
Azienda attiva da 25 anni nel settore metalmeccanico, della nautica e delle coibentazioni cerca personale ambo i sessi di età MASSIMA PARI A 29 ANNI per ricoprire n.2 posizioni lavorative all'interno [...]