CONMED has successfully built our business in Italy in the last few years. In Italy, we have a team of around 60 engaged employees, 30 of which manage Marketing & Sales. CONMED plans to expand the business aggressively in the next few years through both an organic and inorganic manner. The Company will expand the product portfolio in Italy via bringing in a lot of new products and at the same time, expand the distribution network nationwide. On the other hand, the Company is also looking for acquisition or partnership opportunities in order to extend our presence and reach in the market. In the past, the Company spent most of our effort in developing our Orthopedic Division in Italy. In the coming years,
besides expanding the coverage of the Orthopedic Division, the Company also plans to expand the General Surgery Division at the same time. More new products will be introduced to the market and better customer service will be provided.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is an established position with evolving roles and responsibilities. The new incumbent will report directly to the VP & GM of EMEA and will be a member of the EMEA leadership team. He/she is expected to collaborate closely with his/her business and functional partners in developing and executing an appropriate strategy for the Italian business and EMEA overall. He/she will have a strong passion in strengthening and growing the business in Italy and also for contributing to the growth of CONMED across the region. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate both a strategic and hands-on approach and be able to work closely with the team in the field to better service the customers’ needs. The successful candidate is expected to come from the medical devices industry, preferably with experience in orthopedic or general surgery areas and will have a solid track record in developing and leading high performing teams. He/she will be knowledgeable in the medical industry with a good network with the customers, distributors and the regulatory authorities.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The new General Manager will assume full P & L accountability of the Italian market. In addition, the new GM will be responsible for all functions/departments in CONMED Italy to include: Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Warehouse, etc.
He/She will drive the business vision and will build detailed business plans and budget that enable the company to grow aggressively and profitably, working closely with the global product team to determine or develop products that suit the market needs. Based on the business plan, the new incumbent will assess and adapt the current organization structure, talent and competencies to support the growth of the business.
- Formulate the business strategies and plans in strengthening the market presence and building the business aggressively
- Build and develop a talented, high performing and engaged team and establish a clear succession plan for all the key roles.
- Develop a winning culture that reflects high performance, diversity, trust and teamwork.
- Continuously strengthen the product portfolio via bringing in the right products from global product teams that suit the market demand and customers’ specific needs
- Strengthen the brand presence and improve the brand awareness via effective marketing communication programs and endorsement by the industry professionals or key opinion leaders
- Aggressively build the business while maintaining profitable growth
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a highly successful track record in the medical device sector. Candidates will need to have a combination of the following experience and personal attributes:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the medical devices industry with ideally 5+ years at the senior management level
- Strong understanding of the Italian market, including regulatory, legal policies and environment to mitigate risk to the business.
- Demonstrated proven track record in sales, marketing and general management across organizations which were growing and innovating
- Demonstrated success in developing and sustaining a culture of high performance, engagement and talent development, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen to navigate, and negotiate with, key stakeholders, both internal and external, in a challenging and competitive environment.
- Strong track record of growth and achieving results in line with business objectives, including profit targets and building top and bottom line growth.
- Demonstrated ability to create new and innovative approaches in achieving the business targets
- Knowledge of the Italian healthcare market, including the regulatory framework, market access and a demonstrated use of insights to enhance the Company’s offerings and business performance.
- A global mindset, strong commercial acumen and results driven, with the energy and drive to deliver outstanding performance in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate across the business, regional and local (internal and external) stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Building an engaging culture of inclusion, sharing and the retention of knowledge within an organization.
- Excellent stakeholder management, working with the commercial teams and major hospital groups.
- Strong and confident decision maker who is capable of making tough decisions when required.
- Team player and proven ability to build a highly engaged, high performance team where succession and development have been an integral part of the culture.
- An uncompromised integrity. Strong ethical and moral standards.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Italian & English is mandatory.
- Undergraduate degree is required. MBA or other professional qualification is preferred.
Show moreShow less
Mostra le tue capacità professionali all'azienda, compila il form e lascia un tocco personale nella lettera di presentazione, aiuterà il recruiter nella scelta del candidato.
General information City: Milan Country: Italy Creation Date: 24-Nov-2020 Closing Date: 25-Dec-2020 Employment Type: Permanent Department: International Ref #: 4000 Description & Requi [...]
Credit Analyst Per primaricliente leader nel settore Financial Services , lavorerai suprogettualità nell'ambito dell'analisi del credito e del Credit Risk Management,in particolare: - Redazione [...]
Financial Risk Management Assistant Manager - Financial Engineer Le tue solidecompetenze troveranno la giusta valorizzazione, consentendoti di contribuireconcretamente al successo dei nostri clienti. [...]
Dedalus Group is the leading healthcare and diagnostic software provider in Europe and one of the largest in the world. The shareholding structure ensures stability and great financial capacity throug [...]