ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The AbbVie Enterprise Strategies Team is responsible for leading the company through significant transformations and change efforts ranging from major transactions – M&A; integrations and divestitures – to strategic enterprise-wide initiatives.
The Area Lead collaborates with executive management and AbbVie functional leaders (Finance, R&D;, Operations, Commercial, HR, Legal, etc.) to conceive, plan and drive the execution/implementation of enterprise wide, cross-functional, global initiatives necessary to support achievement of program objectives.
Transition programs under management would include integration of any potential mergers & acquisitions, divestitures / carve-outs, and other key strategic initiatives / transformational projects.
S/he manages large scale transformational programs by focusing on development of and adherence to strategy / corporate vision, cross-functional & global partnerships, governance, risk management, and achievement of milestones. S/he leads a matrixed team of cross-functional resources, with or without supplemental external support, that functions globally and delivers best in class process and project management practices. S/he ensures that these deliverables are completed within established timelines, budgets, resource allocations, and in accordance with quality/performance expectations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serving as the area lead for one or more AbbVie regions for the Operating Model Integration Program and other programs as the need arises
- Accountability for project management within a heavily matrixed environment, including driving results of functional, cross-functional, and global processes and projects related to ATO programs
- Cross-functional and global project team leadership with experience supporting multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Interface with company leadership to ensure successful program visioning and execution
- Design of key processes and metrics to oversee working teams and reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, or other management as appropriate
- Management of all activities within allocated budget and according to agreed-upon timelines
- Monitoring performance of global, area, and local functional teams
- Management of key external resources/consulting firms engaged to achieve program goals
- Roll-out and train relevant (functional, cross-functional, global) teams on processes, frameworks, and tools
- Development of internal operations with a focus on continuous improvement
- Compliance with all AbbVie policies & procedures
- Leading by example: demonstrating and fostering AbbVie behavioral competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in consulting or similar business environments
- Global transaction (mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures) and Cross-functional team leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability of to manage multiple simultaneous projects with many moving pieces
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive attitude and strong planning capabilities
- Strong executive-ready communication skills: ability to communicate complex concepts and processes in simple language
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership skills and ability to influence individuals, senior to self
- Experience interacting independently with executive management on strategic, tactical and confidential issues that have both immediate and long term business impacts
- Global mind-set
- MBA from top Global or US program
- Management consulting or similar background
- Experience leading mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, alliances / partnerships
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Smartsheet experience is a plus
- International or global work experience
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Solid business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with extended partners and geographically dispersed team members to enable higher performance
- Demonstrated “executive presence” and ability to represent Enterprise Strategies and AbbVie in a professional manner with senior executives and external partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, adaptable to last-minute changes in requirements or priorities
- Ability to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Advanced analytical and process diagnostic skills and the ability to get into the details, while also understanding and driving the full team to achieve results in line with the “big picture” objectives
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly
- Ability to make solid, thoughtful decisions with minimal information
- Strong conflict resolution capabilities, particularly in finding common ground for win/win solutions in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communications
- Ability to deliver feedback, recognizing strong performance, and also recognizing when corrective action would benefit individual and group performance.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, especially with regard to M&A; integration activity
Please note that this role can be based in many different countries within the specified region.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Synergie Italia Spa, Agenzia per il Lavoro, Filiale di Roma Appia, ricerca per importante azienda cliente nel settore automotive STAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE FINANZIARIO - INGLESE C1 La risorsa presce [...]
Psicologi iscritti all'Albo, italiani e stranieri, selezioniamo in Italia e all'estero per essere inseriti come collaboratori esterni in una rete di Pronto Soccorso Psicologico Privato gia' composta d [...]
Si ricerca per importante Cliente in ambito IT, i seguenti profili: Programmatori JAVA sia Back End, sia Front End e con diverse senority. La Risorsa dovra occuparsi di attivita di programmazion [...]
FILIALE : HIREVO NATIONAL FASHIONLUXURY SPECIALIZZAZIONE : Fashion & Luxury Gi Group SpA, Agenzia per il Lavoro (Aut. Min. 26/11/04 Prot. n. 1101-SG) per la divisione Gi Group Fashion & Luxury, specia [...]